My new summer top
Howveern I loved the print so I made it work. I tried to match the floral stripes, but I couldn’t get a pattern so I quit
I used a size X for bust and waits graded to a Y for the hips. I didn’t shorten it because I wanted to check the fit “as is”, as a wearable muslin.
I think I was right, even if I think I could have shortened it a bit between waist and hips.
The shoulders are great and I could take a smidge off the center back to account for a small upper back.
I’ve always tried to avoid finishing my edges with invisible bias sewing. I followed the video tutorial by a French seamstress on Instagram and it was perfect. Follow the hashtag #lajoiesewingmethod to have access to her tutorials. You don’t have to understand French since her videos are really clear and well-made.
This shirt, rather long on me, is comfy and the armholes are not reaveling any of the bra.
I left the collar piece out and only sewed the collar stand on.
This article may contain affiliate links.